One of the things that I always fail to do is, drink more water. I’ll be honest, it’s an easy task to do but for some reason I can’t seem to drink the recommended amount of water day. I know it’s been 3 months since the new year, but it’s never too late to start making changes to your life, right?
I bought myself a regular sized pitcher from walmart and decided to infuse water with fruits. You can also purchase yourself an infused fruit pitcher. I also bought myself a portal infused water bottle. An easy concept to do and at least the water will get some flavour for me to keep going. I usually cut up the fruits the night before and let it soak overnight so I can fully enjoy a refreshing drink. When lemons, I slice them juice them out a little into the water before submerging, I find that it helps let out the flavour a little more.
Here are the main fruits that I infuse in my water & their benefits. I’ll probably start experimenting with more fruits in the near future, but these are my favorites! I always put lemon & mint and add in a 3rd fruit depending on what I’m in the mood for. *hint* always change it up so that you don’t end up being bored and fall off track.
– Loaded with Vitamin C
– Gives your digestion system a boost
– Helps fight signs of aging and decrease blemishes
– Increase your energy
– Cleanses liver
– Balances your body’s pH
– Helps with hydration
– Smooth skin. Cucumbers contain silica and that benefits your skin
– Silica also helps with your muscle tissues
– Lowers blood pressure
– Vitamin C, Calcium & Magnesium
– Helps fight off depression, stomach aches and also helps with digestion
– Lower the risk of heart disease
– Helps makes the water sweet without the added sugar and calories
– Helps inflammation
– Contributes to metabolism
– Rich in Lycopene, which helps protect against cancer
I’ve been doing this for almost a month now, forcing myself to drink water instead of juice. I find that infused water helps curbs my appetite. Thirst and Hunger use the same signal, so whenever I feel the urge to munch I’ll grab a glass of infused water and see how I feel. Saves me from overeating & feeling sluggish.
I’m curious to know, what are your favorite infused water combos?