Top 11 Travel Apps You Need To Download Now!

To have the ability to travel one of the greatest things anyone can do for themselves. With the help of technology there are some great applications that can be easily downloaded for your own traveling needs! But keep in mind to download these apps before take off and prepare your mobile with the correct roaming package unless you’re okay with a hefty bill of course…

Pack Point

packpoint

For all the list makers out there (such as myself), this app is designed for you! It creates a customized packing list based on your travel needs. It allows you to add in your destination and activities that you will be doing to help you pack properly.

Trip It

trip-it

With your travel confirmation emails, it creates your itinerary. It also proves you directions and shows you a map based on your activities you’ve set in the app. The great thing about this app is that you are able to access it even offline!

Google Translate

googletrans

If you’re traveling internationally this has to be the best app to have! It can translate text up to 90 different languages. You can use voice recorder and your own camera to translate signs such as a menu! Pretty nifty!

Hotel Tonight

hoteltonight

Planning a last minute trip? No problem. You can easily look up and book deals on hotels wherever you are with this app!

AirBNB

airbnb

Amazing app for anyone looking for accommodations for lower rates and a more homey feel. People open their homes for anyone looking to stay in the area at a lower costs than most hotels. Places usually include free wifi, cable, parking and laundry. I personally love using AirBNB over hotels as you are able to stay comfortably in a new city while traveling. Most AirBNB places offer gems that you would never be able to find staying in a hotel. This app also includes full details of the place you will be staying at and reviews from other renters for you to determine whether you will book a place or not.

Uber

uber

Being one of the most popular app, I’m sure most of us know the great benefits of Uber. One, being cheaper than cabs. Two, being super reliable. This app allows you to find better ways on transportation within the cities. There is a map that allows you to locate where your driver is, shoots you off a notification when they are arriving and you have information on who your driver is! Keep note, official Uber drivers have the sign located infront of their car for your safety as well as their license plate on the app itself for you to confirm your driver. (If it’s your first time with Uber, you can get a free ride using my code: glendad57ue up to $15!)

Turo

turo

Personally, this app is still fairly new to me but super handy to have. This is a great app for people looking for their own transportation without the extra fees that car rentals would charge you. People generously offer their vehicle for use usually at lower rates and you can conveniently book when you’ll have it, where it’ll be picked up or dropped off  and the return of the car. Browse through many different cars based on your needs and/or preferences and read reviews from other renters as yourself before confirming the booking. The booking itself is very detailed and lets you know how far you are able to drive it without the extra costs per milage.

Yelp

yellp

This app is super handy to have when you’re on the go and traveling. If you’re looking for close salons, restaurants or even bars it’ll easily show you what’s around with their reviews and how far they are from you. You can also easily open the map for any driving directions on top of contact information on the place you’re planning on going to. What I love about it is the accessibility to restaurant menus as majority of the time I decide where I’d want to eat based on reviews and what they offer.

WhatsApp

whatsapp-512

I personally love whatsapp as a messaging service. Unless you have roaming data or wifi, whatsapp allows you to keep in contact with your friends and family while you travel. With the ability to create multiple group chats you can easily create one for you and your traveling party to have the accessibility to contact each other when needed. The best thing with Whatsapp is that it is available for all platforms so no one gets excluded because they have an android and you have an iphone. I use this app on a regular basis whether I’m traveling or not.

Skype

skype

This is another great messaging service that I’ve grown familiar with considering I’ve been in 2 separate long distance relationships and also do freelance on the side. It’s an easy way to connect with people located elsewhere via text, voice chat and video chat. Skype can be used on smart phones, tablets and computers.

Viber

viber

The one thing I love about viber is the ability to make free long distance calls to anyone else who also has viber. Granted, you can also do that on Whatsapp but I find that the reception on Viber is so much better. It’s pretty much the same as making a normal local phone call – except it’s via wifi/data. You can also text each other and send each other your GPS location which is great for emergency and security.

Hopefully these apps will help you travel lovers on your next trip! What are your favourite apps? Is there any apps that I’m missing that should also be noted?

06-2

• Reply alishataneja

Awesome post ! I travel so much so I can use this 🙂

Alisha

saffrononrose.com
    instagram.com/saffrononrose

September 9, 2016 at 10:42 AM
  • Reply Candice Nikeia

Yes to all of these apps! I love whatsapp too!

xoxo, Candice Nikeia

September 19, 2016 at 2:05 PM
  • Reply Ree

What’s app all the way! Love uber and air bnb too. Ree Love30

September 19, 2016 at 2:41 PM
  • Reply Style & Life by Susana

This is a great post!! A few apps I didn’t know about. Thanks for sharing x

http://www.susanalopessnarey.com (Style & Life by Susana)

September 19, 2016 at 3:27 PM
  • Reply Dani

So helpful! I will definitely have to use these apps when I travel next!

September 19, 2016 at 8:50 PM
  • Reply Kemi

Those are really great apps, I use quite a few of them already. Great post

September 19, 2016 at 10:19 PM
  • Reply thetravelpockets

Turo is one I haven’t heard of! It sounds like the airbnb of cars. I would be so nervous lending out my car to strangers tho! 🙂

September 20, 2016 at 10:51 AM
    • Reply Glenda

Im the same way!! Like what if they’re raging alcoholics :O

September 21, 2016 at 4:08 PM
  • Reply Candace

I need to look up AirBNB! I’ve seen bloggers talk about it a lot but never knew what it was. Thanks for sharing these apps!

September 20, 2016 at 11:26 AM
  • Reply My Shopping Diet

I think you pretty much covered everything! The only one that was a life saver for us was the Disneyland app when we went there. It shows you the wait times so you can cover as much of the rides as possible and plan better.

September 20, 2016 at 7:37 PM
    • Reply Glenda

Oh man! I LOVE the Disney app! I covered that on my Disney post 😀 I didnt download it myself but my BF did because it would make more sense for him to have it while we’re there hahah

September 21, 2016 at 4:08 PM
  • Reply Maja

I have installed TripIt years ago, but I never actually used it. It keeps sending me emails whenever I book something, though. You think I should start to use it for real? 😀

September 28, 2016 at 11:07 AM
    • Reply Glenda

I guess it depends if you really need it! I hate getting so many emails, there should be a way to turn those notifications off or to unsubscribe to your list. Ive only used it for when I travel overseas tho cause I hate using roaming on my cellphone but I cant read a map for the life of me LOL!

September 28, 2016 at 10:39 PM
  • Reply Melissa Smuzynski

Totally agree with most of these! In fact 80 percent are go to apps on my phone even when I’m not traveling. But a couple of these I had no idea even existed. Thanks!

September 28, 2016 at 2:40 PM
  • Reply nycgingeronthego

This is a great list. A few of these I already use pretty frequently, but a few I need to try out. Thanks for the awesome tips!

September 28, 2016 at 7:45 PM
  • Reply Shemylah Hooda

Love love love this article! I totally have most of these apps currently, but a few are new to me. Pack point is literally going to be my BFF from now on — I take WAY too long to pack for a trip and keep wanting to take half my closet with me! Plus, I end up with multiple lists all over my phone and laptop but hopefully this should be a great way to consolidate all of that!

September 28, 2016 at 10:56 PM
  • Reply ilive4travel

I have quite a few of these apps, all the ones for keeping in contact with friends and family. I still haven’t used Uber though, everyone else is but for some reason I haven’t yet!! Great article.

September 29, 2016 at 4:17 AM
  • Reply eatlivetraveldrink

Great minds think alike. I am already using all of these. Uber is my favorite!

September 29, 2016 at 9:27 AM
  • Reply Pinay Flying High

I already have most of these but I’m very curious about Turo. Is it like airbnb for cars? Personal cars of people? It’s a cool idea but won’t it have some legal complications? Like what if you get stopped and police asked for license and registration? 🤔

September 30, 2016 at 1:46 AM