Don’t Just Take A Plane, Travel In Style

Traveling is a passion for some, and a simple getaway break for others. Whether you are an avid traveler or an occasional tourist, it is essential that you stay away from the sempiternal tourist gear: Bermudas, light shirt and a baseball cap. A girl has to have some style, even when she’s traveling to the other side of the globe. So, here a little guide to shine like an elegant lady when you’re on the road.

Get The Right Accessories

Your style is not only in the clothes you wear, but it is essentially in how you wear them and how playful you are with those. For example, a black dress is an icon of elegance. However, what makes it a stylish outfit is when you can accessorize it to fit your day and mood: With red heels and a red belt for an evening out, with a neutral cardigan and a pair of beige ballerina for a day at work.

Sounds easy, doesn’t it? When it comes to traveling, you have limited accessories to play with, so it is important that you invest in versatile and high-quality items such as leather backpacks to keep your camera, wallet and address book handy when you are on the go. A good pair of elegant walking shoes is a great investment too, but stay away from cheap trainers that would only clash with your stylish backpack!

Go To Stylish Destinations

Some places simply attract a sense of fashionable elegance more than others. For a start, they are less crowded with your everyday tourists, and they are what you would call hidden gems in the travel world. There you will find beautiful places, where you walk freely and let your self-confident style shine fully: Kiev, for example, is a lovely and unexpected beach holiday destination that will surprise you. Or, if you prefer to stay by the Mediterranean sea, why not try Sicilia, which is often overlooked by tourists and still has the charming villages of the 1950s? Because, after all, there’s no point being stylish if there’s barely enough space outside to enjoy your holiday.

Style Is More Than Fashion, It’s An Attitude

Keeping stylish when you are on vacation is an art, especially when too many tourists use the excuse of being abroad to indulge in behaviors that would be shameful if they were in known company: Drinking until you can’t stand anymore, being rude to people, and mocking the local traditions will ruin your style any day, even if you are wearing the most fashionable clothes you can buy.

You are, after all, a guest in a foreign culture so make the most of it by embracing the new adventure with a kind heart. This is an often forgotten rule of style: You only look good if you attract looks of kindness, which means if you behave! The second important rule of being stylish is to have the mental strength to carry it: Being confident in who you are, and in how you look is what makes you shine out of the crowd.

Jessica @ The Belle Voyage

If you’re looking for some inspiration, Jessica, from The Belle Voyage has amazing blog posts about how to look good while seeing the world. She’s definitely a great travel blogger if you need some ideas on your next trip!

How do you stay stylish when you’re traveling?

• Reply Chloé Arnold (@ChloeBArnold)

You are so right! I think half of looking fashionable is having confidence and owning it!

December 19, 2016 at 5:44 PM
  • Reply Shasha

Great post! I love wearing hats when I travel. For me its a great way to dress up my look, or to add a little sass if I’m traveling in sneakers or sweats. I agree, its definitely important to accessorize.

December 19, 2016 at 6:09 PM
  • Reply The Business Ref

I love that you paired embracing your self and having confidence while traveling with lesser traveled destinations. Kiev is incredible and is a fantastic place to visit.

December 19, 2016 at 7:02 PM
  • Reply missy35000

I definitely agree that people need to be respectful of the culture and customs of any country they visit. Just because it is different doesn’t make it wrong.

December 19, 2016 at 7:52 PM
  • Reply Candy

Staying stylish while traveling may be tricky for some people, but it’t totally do-able! There are tons of stylish clothes that are super comfy and great for traveling in 🙂

December 19, 2016 at 9:02 PM
  • Reply Kemi

I miss traveling!! I need to book a vacation for 2017 ASAP!!!

December 19, 2016 at 9:16 PM
  • Reply JM Kayne

I’m guilty of not being stylish/fashionable when I travel… I tend to wear what’s comfy for me… I guess I have to add this on my 2017 To Do list! Thanks for this post Glenny! <3

God Bless!
    JM Kayne | http://www.iamjmkayne.com

December 19, 2016 at 10:59 PM
  • Reply Cassandra Ericson

Tourists have such a bad reputation where I grew up! Wish more people were more respectful about the environment and culture when they traveled- great point ☝️

December 20, 2016 at 12:13 AM
  • Reply Style & Life by Susana

All great suggestions and such great points. You’ve written this so well. Love that photo of you with your scarf over your head, so cute.

Style & Life by Susana – http://www.susanalopessnarey.com

December 20, 2016 at 1:25 AM
  • Reply nycgingeronthego

I try so hard to travel in style. Sometimes I get lazy but I try to always look well dressed in flight and at my destination!!

December 20, 2016 at 11:07 AM
  • Reply kirstyhoggons

Ah I loved this post so much! I am all about travel and doing it in style as well! 🙂

December 20, 2016 at 2:54 PM
  • Reply Candace

I never travel in style and my boyfriend always calls me out on it. I usually just keep on what I slept in and proceed through security! Horrible I know, haha. In 2017, I will try harder to travel in style. You’ve motivated me to do so 🙂

December 20, 2016 at 8:05 PM
  • Reply 5 Uses For Bags – All Relax Travel

[…] Cite: visit this website […]

March 28, 2017 at 3:38 PM
  • Reply organichealthplanet

Thank for sharing your great information keep sharing. It was very useful

July 26, 2017 at 3:23 AM