5 Epic Reasons Why You Should Visit Florida

If you haven’t been before, then I guarantee that Florida is a place that will be on a lot of people’s bucket lists of places to visit. And why wouldn’t it?

After all, it is such a vast state in the USA that there is bound to be something there for everyone. Known for it’s all year round good weather, blue seas, and Latin-American influence, there is so much to see and do in this state.

But, I think many people can focus on some of the more well-known attractions and forget that there can be a lot more to Florida than meets the eye.

So I thought I would share with you some of my epic reasons that you should consider as to why you need to take a trip to Florida.

Fall in love with Miami

Getting around Florida is easy with many travel links and options including a shuttle bus. This is what makes this state such a versatile holiday option, and one of the things many people consider is heading to the slick vibe that only Miami can offer.

With a vibrant nightlife on South Beach and wonderful bars and restaurants to ignite the passion of any food lover, Miami can really add a different element to your Florida vacation.

Whether you spend a few days checking out the celebrity hotspots, or have the majority of your time here sunning yourself on the beach, you are bound to love your time in Miami.

Sail on The Everglades

If you are hoping to catch a glimpse of some of the best wildlife around, then heading to The Everglades will not disappoint. A chance to see some of the fiercest alligators in their natural habitat, this is one definitely for the animal lovers amongst us.

But it isn’t just alligators you might catch a glimpse of, you may also get to see softshell turtles, vultures, and white ibis birds, to name a few. Plus it’s a chance to experience an airboat ride which looks like a lot of fun.

Go for a hike

If you are more of an active person, then Florida should be a great location for you.

With one of the only scenic trails to end up on a beach, witness the beautiful sand dunes of West Florida. It’s a quiet and peaceful area where you can witness some of the majestic beach scenery, while also taking in the trail and being active in the process.

What’s more to love?

Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Universal Studios

Harry Potter. In Florida, Universal Studios is massive, with a lot more rides and attractions.

And last but not least, Disney World

You can’t talk about Florida and not mention one of the most iconic attractions there: Walt Disney World. Disney World is also huge with many different parks to go to. There are 4 Disney Theme parks; Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. If you prefer the wet side Disney has water parks as well; Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach. I, unfortunately, was able to only visit 2 of the theme parks. But you can count on me planning more Florida trips in the future!

Many people travel to Florida just for the experience of these wonderful parks and to really be in touch with your inner child once more. Whether traveling with your partner or friends, or going as a family with children, there really is something for everyone here, and definitely worth as visit.

Well, there you have it. My epic reasons as to why you need to take a trip to Florida. If you’re looking for more reasons why you need to visit Florida, The Travel Pockets have a compiled some posts of places to visit and spots to eat in Florida. You should definitely check out their posts here. However, if you do plan on visiting the Disney Theme Parks, I would suggest planning a longer trip.

• Reply Candy

We were considering visiting Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Universal Studios last year. We ran out of time and didn’t get a chance to go, but hopefully this year we can make it. We were reading reviews online and so far the consensus is that that one is Florida is way better than the one in California 🙂

February 6, 2017 at 11:36 PM
    • Reply Glenda

it was amazing <3 you should definitely go!! I hear they're making a harry potter world in Ontario.. but the tickets to the opening are already sold out... =(

February 7, 2017 at 12:00 AM
  • Reply globalfashionfiend

I have never been but Wizarding World has me convinced haha What a great post!

February 6, 2017 at 11:41 PM
  • Reply Style & Life by Susana

My husband and I are thinking about adding Florida to our travels next year when we go to Portugal, parts of Europe, UK and the USA. I will definitely be saving this under my Travel folder.

February 6, 2017 at 11:54 PM
    • Reply Glenda

You definitely should! Travel Pockets have some amazing posts as Crystal Lives in Florida 😉

February 6, 2017 at 11:58 PM
  • Reply taniaatthelondonthing

Oh you have convinced me to visit for sure. I’m going to NY in few months but hopefully I will manage a visit to Florida too. Great post 🙂

February 7, 2017 at 4:31 AM
  • Reply Star Lengas

Disney World was such a magical experience, I went in college and was just in awe as I re-lived my childhood. I definitely want to check out Miami & visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

February 7, 2017 at 5:09 AM
  • Reply nycgingeronthego

I lived in florida for 8 months and I still didn’t go to the everglades. I did go to a lot of BMX shows with my buddy. That was a unique experience. Florida has something for everyone!

February 7, 2017 at 9:07 AM
  • Reply Tereza (@cityscapebliss)

It looks gorgeous! I’ve been reading a few blogs based in Florida because the backdrops are just stunning – would love to visit! When I was a kid I used to have a penpal in Tampa and I always think back of him whenever I read about the state x

February 7, 2017 at 10:43 AM
  • Reply Tereza

You might have this comment like 8 times now because it’s always freezing sorry!🙈
    Florida looks absolutely gorgeous! When I was a kid I used to have a penpal from Tampa and I used to proper adore him! These pictures remind me of all the photos he used to send me:) xx

February 7, 2017 at 10:50 AM
  • Reply Megan B

I’ve always wanted to visit Florida- and now you’ve given me 5 more reasons 😀 gorgeous photos, that sunset picture is epic! Thanks for sharing!

February 7, 2017 at 1:18 PM
  • Reply stylelullaby

I have never been to Florida yet and your photos make me want to book a flight there now! So gorgeous! xo, sharon

February 7, 2017 at 3:36 PM
  • Reply nbosken

Ah Florida! My grandpa had a condo in the Tampa Bay area right on the beach, so I spent many summer vacations down there. I’ve also been to Disney. Miami, though, that’s one I need to go to!

February 7, 2017 at 4:07 PM
  • Reply Candace

I’ve been to FL a few times now and somehow forgot all about The Everglades. They look so beautiful in that pic! No need to travel to see alligators though. We see and eat them here…haha!

February 7, 2017 at 10:06 PM
  • Reply Chloé Arnold (@ChloeBArnold)

I adore Florida and all of these reasons are so right! I went to school at FSU and my granparents live in Florida. Such a great state!

February 8, 2017 at 7:54 AM