Why Boo’s Philly Cheesesteaks In LA Will Not Disappoint You

One day I randomly came across a joint called Boo’s Philly Cheesesteaks on social media and immediately the photos made me DROOL. I personally have never had cheesesteak before so I had to ask J if he would want to have some while we stayed a night in downtown LA.

We originally made plans to go to the Griffith Observatory the following day so we decided to hit up the Fountain Ave location (since it was on the way)! If you’re not actively looking for the location, it can be easily missed as it looks like a normal mom and pops food spot.

Turns out, the owners of Boo’s Philly Cheesesteaks is of the Korean descent which I found interesting as J is also part Korean. The owner is originally from New Jersey, who grew up attached to the hip of his father who also had his own cheesesteak business.

Who would’ve known he would follow the steps and creating such a mouth watering business in LA?

Another thing I found amazing was that they made a conscious effort to ensure the cheesesteaks and hoagies tasted straight out of Philadelphia. Not that I would know what a cheesesteak tasted from Philadelphia, but I noticed that they use Amoroso Rolls as part of their menu.

I ordered Boo’s mushroom cheesesteak while J ordered the original and pizza fries to share.

PIZZA FRIES.

Every item we ordered was delicious! The cheesesteaks was stuffed to the point where we both couldn’t eat all of it so we had to save the other half for later that night.

So if ever you’re in LA and need something great to feast on, you need to look up this spot and visit any of their 3 locations. Fountain Ave has a wall featuring a vibrant piece of graffiti art in their parking lot that makes it hard not to take photo.

• Reply DailyLifeTalk

This looks so yummy! and you seem to have had all the fun. 🙂

July 31, 2017 at 10:50 PM
  • Reply Style&Life by Susana (@StyleBySusana)

Magic word for me, cheese!!!!! I have never heard of cheeseteaks, I’m not sure if they have that in Australia but damn, I may try cooking it for myself LOL!!! Those photos had me so hungry!!!!!!!

August 1, 2017 at 1:26 AM
  • Reply Nay @ beautyaddictmama

That looks so yummy, but then I will eat anything with cheese on!

August 1, 2017 at 2:29 PM
  • Reply Candy

Pizza fries?!?!? That sounds so yummy and so does the Philly Cheesesteaks. I can eat those all-day, but have to be careful cuz right afterwards I get super sleepy! And what a coincidence that the owner is of Korean discent!

August 1, 2017 at 2:36 PM
  • Reply JM Kayne

Yummmyyyy!!! Looks like you enjoyed it much and you had fun! And Ohhh your photos, so enticing that it makes me hungry just by seeing it! <3

God Bless!
    JM Kayne | #InMyHeart♥

August 1, 2017 at 2:53 PM
  • Reply Ryan Biddulph

Yummmm Glenda 😉 Looks delicious. I have enjoyed some Philly Cheesesteaks in Southern NJ a few times. The real deal, because once you get South of Trenton it is like a Philly suburb. The mix of fried meat and melting cheese, along with a delightful roll….wow this is tasty fare.

August 1, 2017 at 7:19 PM
  • Reply Sheree

Wow..this looks so delish!! I didn’t even know this place existed until now. There is so much meat packed in that Philly Cheesesteaks and that wall next to it is super cool.

xo Sheree
    PoshClassyMom.com

August 1, 2017 at 8:06 PM
  • Reply Candace

I should have read your blog post before I failed in answering your question in your Instagram pic…haha! Would you believe I’ve never had a Philly cheesesteak before? I suck at life, I know! This one at Boo’s makes me want to visit downtown L.A. asap!

August 1, 2017 at 10:25 PM
  • Reply lanaluu

I’ve never heard about Chessesteaks before! This place is amazing, the food is so good. Your mushroom cheesesteak looks so delicious! Great option if you are in downtown LA.

August 2, 2017 at 7:21 AM
  • Reply Nellie

It definitely looks like a Philly cheesesteak! I’ll be sure to stop by and try one when I’m in LA next!

August 2, 2017 at 1:09 PM