A Taste of Cauldron Ice Cream in Santa Ana, California

From a number of times I’ve flown down to Santa Ana to visit J, not once have I noticed Cauldron Ice Cream until recently. I actually came across this ice cream place from a food Instagrammer friend, Marissa who posted this post and I was curious as to where it was!

Turns out, it was literally a few blocks away from J’s place. And all I could think of was, How did I miss this? I could’ve come here so many times by now!

So naturally, being addicted to food, I had to take a visit to this place.

I met up with a friend, Candy (blogger of Travel Pockets) and suggested we should have some ice cream together.

Their ice cream is natural, homemade and uses liquid nitrogen which is probably the first time I’ve ever seen or ate ice cream made from liquid nitrogen. I had a hard time trying to pick out a flavor but finalized my decision on ordering Sakura with, of course, the infamous puffle cone. Every month their menu and flavor changes so make sure you keep your eyes posted on their website!

The ice cream itself was delicious.

Full of flavor and I normally never eat all of it in one sitting. This time was a little different and I couldn’t help myself!

The location had a cute little space for everyone to hang out and enjoy their ice cream. There was also a couch that allowed groups of friends to just casually chill. No pun intended. It was a hot day that day so we opted to hang outside instead.

If you’re in Santa Ana and is looking for something to munch on during the hot summer days (or any day really!) look up this spot and make sure you prepare yourself for some ice cream goodness! The spot is hidden in a complex off MacArthur Blvd and plenty of parking space.

Tip: Ask to get your ice cream shaped into a rose. Although it may be too cute to eat afterward!

Cauldron Ice Cream
1421 West Macarthur Boulevard, Santa Ana
Info@Cauldronicecream.com
Instagram | Facebook

*photos were taken by Candy Waltrip of Travel Pockets. © All Rights Reserved

• Reply DailyLifeTalk

Aww you and Candy are friends? That is so cool 🙂 you two look good and that ice cream is everything, am craving for some ice cream now 😉

August 8, 2017 at 1:34 AM
    • Reply Glenda

yup! We actually me through instagram/blogging. We try to meet up whenever I visit cali 🙂

August 14, 2017 at 8:05 PM
  • Reply Nay @ beautyaddictmama

I love going out for dessert at the moment. with friends at the moment! It’s so much fun. The ice cream looks amazing. Did it taste as good as it looks?

August 8, 2017 at 1:49 AM
    • Reply Glenda

it tastes amazing!! They had a black icecream one that I want to try next time!

August 14, 2017 at 8:06 PM
  • Reply Marta A Rivera Diaz

Okay, first, I want ice cream because of you (thanks a lot!); second…is the line for the urgent care clinic or the ice cream?

August 8, 2017 at 8:51 AM
    • Reply Glenda

The line is for the Ice Cream place!! Can you believe it??? Candy and I went earlier so we beat the rush

August 14, 2017 at 8:07 PM
  • Reply Catherine Short

I love how pretty the ice cream is! There is a place in town (Nashville) that is doing like rolled ice cream but they aren’t shaped into flowers.

August 8, 2017 at 9:02 AM
    • Reply Glenda

O i had those too! The way they did the flowers seem so simple, I’m tempted to try myself but I know I’ll mess up haha

August 14, 2017 at 8:08 PM
  • Reply nlampert

This place looks delicious and adorable! Speciality ice cream is super popular in Toronto right now and the lines at places like these are unbelievably long. Looks like this place is pretty popular too!

August 8, 2017 at 9:18 AM
    • Reply Glenda

Ive heard nothing but good things about the eats in tdot! I have to come visit!

August 14, 2017 at 8:08 PM
  • Reply Candy

I hope they open a location in San Diego soon! That ice cream was so fresh and yummy and now I want to try the chocolate one with the white powder dusted on top 🙂

August 8, 2017 at 10:49 AM
    • Reply Glenda

Maybe the next time I visit, youll be in LA area and we can venture around for more places to go together!

August 14, 2017 at 8:09 PM
  • Reply Michelle Dave

I love California and this looks like a classic California spot! I’ve never had liquid nitrogen ice cream? #goals for sure! Cute pics

August 8, 2017 at 12:05 PM
  • Reply Candace

Uhhhh…I would have eaten it all in one sitting too. Ain’t nobody got time for saving anything for later, especially ice cream! So awesome this place is so close to your boo’s…and that you know Candy IRL. So jealous!

August 8, 2017 at 8:20 PM
    • Reply Glenda

haha! we actually met via instagram and blogging, we met IRL just last year so we try to meet up when I visit 🙂 One day we’ll meet hopefully!

August 14, 2017 at 8:10 PM
  • Reply TheDarlingDahlia

Wow, that looks amazing. And that cone! I’ve never seen anything like it!

August 8, 2017 at 8:51 PM
  • Reply Sheree

I have never been to Cauldron Ice Cream but it looked so good and pretty, I have to make a stop over next time I’m in OC.

xo Sheree
    Posh Classy Mom

August 9, 2017 at 12:31 AM
  • Reply LeanneBrookes

Woah! That looks so good. There’s nothing like that around here, just standard boring looking ice cream. I was going to say I wouldn’t be able to eat something that looked so good, but I bet it tastes just as good. Thanks for sharing, Leanne x

August 9, 2017 at 1:52 AM
  • Reply lanaluu

Wow, it is so nice to see you, girls, together! The ice cream looks amazing! It is so eye-pleasant and photogenic!
    I would definitely like to visit this place with you, girls!

August 9, 2017 at 6:26 AM
  • Reply Chrissy

You two are so adorable! The eye cream looks soooooooo good! Will definitely stop by this place sometime. x

August 9, 2017 at 1:15 PM