Galapagos Islands: Exploring One Of The Uniquest Places On Earth

Nowhere else in the world will you ever find a place more staggering and filled with unique experiences of natural beauty and wildlife, like the Galapagos Islands.

Sitting approximately 600 miles from the Ecuador coast, the islands have been gifted an unusual pattern of weather cycles and geographical location. Do not compare the atmosphere to other tropical or sunbathed environments like Barbados, the Bahamas or Brazilian rainforests.

The Galapagos Islands are unforgettable because there’s something prehistoric about them. No rain forest or woodland can compare to the bulging islands, thrashing out of the water and the one-of-a-kind animals that still inhabit the island. If ever there was a truly untouched and bare natural setting, this is it.

Exploring the islands requires thoughtful planning because there’s so much to study.

Floreana Lizards

Journey off to the Floreana Island and even further into the Scalesia Forest and soon you’ll be met by the Galapagos National Park. Since humans have been regularly visiting the islands which have been made famous by none other than British nature documentarian David Attenborough, wildlife has needed to be protected.

© Copyright Goway Travel – Photo by: Don Forster

Reptiles like Galapagos Lava Lizards and marine iguanas are in abundant supply and have their roots, seated in the islands themselves, so the species are completely unique. They run around eating up insects and small birds laying their eggs. Their patterns and camouflage are to be found nowhere else in the world.

These marvelous creatures have been studied for decades, and since the nearest land is 600 miles away, it’s mystifying to realize, they have been here for thousands and thousands of years.

Island Cruises

The islands are separated from one another, so much so, that you need good transport to get to each one. The Santa Cruz II offers holidaymakers a once in a lifetime Galapagos Islands cruise.

Able to supply rooms for up to 50 people, the dining onboard is made from ingredients and recipes all locally sourced. Whether it’s vegetables, fruit, fish or anything else the team is passionate about providing sybaritic delights through Ecuadorian and international cuisine.

© Copyright Goway Travel – Photo by: Don Forster

The iconic species like the flightless cormorant and the Blue Footed Boobies have to be seen and observed before you leave the islands. The Galapagos hawk and the Fur Seals can be tracked and snapped while drifting along the coastline. There’s no other way that’s better and more comprehensive to travel around the islands than by boat.

Bartolome exploration

You have to go exploring to truly appreciate the prehistoric nature of the islands. The surface is very similar to that of hardened volcanic rock, and the moss and other foliage that grows don’t just look Jurassic, but it rough and abrasive to the touch.

Roi Dimor

You’ll explore the Bartolome Island, with a full day tour which starts off at Puerto Ayora and then cuts through the center allowing you time to watch the iguanas. You can dip into the ocean with a bit of coastline snorkeling where you may even be joined by inquisitive penguins and sea lions.

Visitors have been known to spot the Galapagos sharks as well, but full health and safety checks are in play.

These islands give humanity a chance to look back into history, and actually, touch it.

The Galapagos Islands are preserved and seen as one of the rites of passage for many wildlife biologists around the world. Exploring the islands is almost like a journey one takes personal; a great trip to discover the origins of unique life.

• Reply LeanneBrookes

Wow, the colour of the water is something else. I only wish I could visit somewhere like this one day. Plus, if David Attenborough gives it a thumbs up, you know it’s going to be good! Thanks for sharing, X

August 21, 2017 at 2:18 PM
  • Reply sofieyah

Wow, these photos look absolutely amazing! I’m totally digging this island! I’ve heard so much about this island, so I definitely gotta go some day!

August 21, 2017 at 2:32 PM
  • Reply Chrissie

This looks GORGEOUS and these pics are amazing. Definitely adding the Galapagos Islands to my travel bucket list!

August 21, 2017 at 2:40 PM
  • Reply Christine Keys

What an amazing place to visit! My favourite trip was to Kruger Park and I’d love to take my kids there some day.

August 21, 2017 at 3:11 PM
  • Reply lanaluu

Awwww, all these animals are so so cute 🙂 and Galapagos islands looks like an amazing and unique place. I’ve seen them only on National Geographic channel and I really would love to explore the islands so much! Thank you for your post, it is always interesting to read about beautiful places like this.

August 22, 2017 at 12:42 AM
  • Reply Jane

I had some mixed feelings about the Lizard: beautiful, scary and rare 🙂 And those birds just gave me life, so beautiful… Would definitely love to visit this place

August 22, 2017 at 12:43 AM
  • Reply Leah

This would be an amazing experience! To be able to see creatures that been on this planet as long as they have. WOW! I hope to get there one day…

August 22, 2017 at 1:55 AM
  • Reply Jaclyn Quinones

this looks really cool! Your photos are amazing!

August 22, 2017 at 7:33 AM
  • Reply JM Kayne

Amazing photos you got here, it totally captured the details of the animals and that blue green- turquoise water! I think it would be an amazing experience to visit this place. Would definitely visit this place if given the opportunity!

God Bless!
    JM Kayne | #InMyHeart♥

August 22, 2017 at 8:36 AM
  • Reply Candy

Crystal has been seriously considering a trip to the Galapagos islands! I would want to go just to see the Blue Footed Boobies. I can’t believe how bright their feet are 🙂

August 22, 2017 at 12:20 PM
  • Reply Sheree

Oh my gosh, this place is a nature lover’s heaven!! So many exotic animals and the water is just incredible. It has never been a destination on my travel radar, however I am def intrigued to visit now.

xo Sheree
    Posh Classy Mom.com

August 22, 2017 at 1:25 PM
  • Reply Shasha

I’ve always been amazed at all the lizards that reside on the Galapagos Islands. That water color looks incredible. Adding this to my bucket list.

August 22, 2017 at 8:41 PM
  • Reply Nay @ beautyaddictmama

Wow! This looks like such an amazing place to visit. If only to take amazing pictures with the wildlife.

August 23, 2017 at 10:57 AM
  • Reply Candace

I’ve only heard of the Galápagos Islands, but I’ve never seen its beauty! Those are some of the most exotic creatures I’ve ever seen! Those Blue Footed Boobies are the most adorable 🙂

August 23, 2017 at 2:35 PM
  • Reply Chrissy

I’ve been wanting to go here for a while now! The wildlife is so beautiful. I hope to visit one day. x

August 23, 2017 at 4:03 PM